Tuesday, 9 May 2017

More anecdotes from my 2year old

I know she is going on 12 I swear. On her birthday morning I found her in the lounge by herself reading her books and making animal noises to herself. Then when we said happy birthday to her she corrected us to sing her full name including middle and last name. 😳

We prayed for my grandmother a lot when she was unwell. My toddler contributed to the prayer by asking for Taipo to walk and stand again. When my grandmother passed away, I told my little one that Taipo has gone home to be with Jesus. She promptly says Taipo walk, Taipo stand and Taipo fly!

She was flipping through the Jack and Beanstalk book and then loudly declares that Jack was a naughty boy. I asked her how so and she said cause he took the giant's toys and didn't share.

She used to have an unhealthy obsession with my boobs. To wean her, I told her my boobs aren't for her anymore. Then she said very loudly one day whilst pointing at my chest "No nainai" which Mr.HEA took to mean she thinks I have no boobs 😒

Watching the Westminster terror news on BBC, she got excited by the picture of Big Ben on screen. Then she misheard the news of the policeman falling down so she declares the Big Ben has fallen down.

She walks in whilst I am sitting down to breakfast. Instead of Good morning, she says,"what are you doing sweetie pie?"

She's begun to read to herself a lot. She can memorise some words from some of the pages so she will say it with inflections that mimics how we must sound when reading to her. She's even memorised some of the full sentences and narrate the story based on the pictures. If we are around, she may also pick up the book to face us and point to something on the page like her educators at nursery does and say "See? See?"

Stalling bedtime she runs down a list of food demands to see which one I'd relent to. Upon being successful with her milk request, she quickly gulps down a cup and then asks me for milk again. I remind her she's just had some. She informs me "That's hot milk mummy. I want cold milk now."

Having given her a tub of yoghurt. I ask,"what must you say?" She replies whilst holding out the tub at me,"Open"

She saw me hiding the CDs that she loved playing with because I was afraid she may scratch them so she said," that's not funny mummy. It's not very nice"

When her daddy has done something or said something right she'll either say "Clever daddy" or "Well done daddy".

I walked in on her sticking a whole pack of shiny stickers on her daddy's face. "What are you doing?" She replies,"Making daddy pretty" 😂

It was raining when I dropped her off at nursery. By the time her daddy picks her up, it was drizzling still ( it is Britain after all). 2yr old shakes her hand exasperatedly in the air, "It's raining Again?!"

After a fun evening having dinner with her Godmother, she declares the next day she wants to wear yellow, just like Godma. I put her in the only Yellow top she has and she stares at it, me holding my breath in case there is a tantrum coming. Puzzled she asks,"Does Godma's jumper have a frog too?"

We had pizzas delivered one Friday night and she got really excited greeting them at the door. Early the next morning she greeted the IKEA delivery guys at the door with me and after seeing them lay down several large flat pack boxes, she demanded, "where's the pizza?"

After helping me put together a flatpack bench, her daddy walked in and asked her what she had built. Having never seen one before she looks at it unimpressed and responds,"Another table".

She thinks the dinosaur's name is Sarah-tops. And she wants to know where's the Mummy-saurus.

As she is eagerly learning dinosaur names, one evening she points to a dinosaur in her book and quizzes us on its name. Her daddy whips out his iPhone and we fervently compare the images until we settle on the dinasaur it most resembles and then attempt to learn it's Latin name. Once we thought we'd got it, we tried to teach her but she stares blankly at us and declares simply, "It's the Orange dinosaur".


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...