Blink and it’s been two months since the last post. One month of pure sightseeing Tuscany and London. Another of just crazy organising life admin. And in that time, my number two learnt how to clap, how to wave, how to flip pages in a book and how to kiss. She now also drinks from a straw and knows how to call for each of us in the family. She crawls around the flat very confidently looking for me. I will miss the pitter patter of tiny palms on the floor one day I know as she follows her daddy around the flat.
It’s hard to imagine that she is two months away from turning one. Two months away from me no longer obsessing over the salt content, honey or breast milk. Two more months before our lives change to me going back to work and they go into full time nursery. I will miss the play date mums. I will miss the playgrounds and the buggy pushing walks.
Miss Three has had a great time learning tennis, the world map and flags this summer. She climbs like a monkey and now is so much more confident in her physical abilities as well as speaking publicly. I love her confidence in life having worried incessantly about her shyness over her two year old stage. She didn’t even so much as flinch as she got her pre-school booster shot even though she confirms to me that it hurt afterwards.
I loved having been an integral part of my two daughters’ growth this past summer although I will admit that the last month I have lost the will to be a good mum and haven’t read as much or bothered to think up exciting new things for them to do. Lots of planning ahead as I research schools and think up life admin things that must imminently get sorted before I head back to full time work.
I will miss this. My last two months of being a SAHM forever. My babies have grown up and the grey clouds have lifted. All my worries are different now. My jigsaw puzzle on what my future would be like is complete. I am proud of my big clever and brave girl. I am also smitten with my cheeky little one who I think will always be a mummy’s girl.
This is enough. My cup runneth over. Two more months of this, and I will fill it with kisses and cuddles I promise.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone