Sunday, 5 January 2025

Almost three year hiatus

Somewhere between the last post and today I stopped blogging to grow up. It’s been a dark and searching time.

Years of silence on the blog as I learn to navigate this phase of catching up with lost time. I had naively thought that coming to UK just was a means of continuing my life dreams from Oz. However, it wasn’t. There was a break of me birthing two incredible human beings yes, but there was also a time when I found out what they all meant when you work in a zone/ flow, doing something you are so passionate about that it never felt like work at all. I must say I have loved every moment of it. It drove me past some dark moments of my life. It carried me through places I didn’t think I could walk alone. I was on a high and excelling whilst not actually even doing very much.

But then I got greedy maybe. Pride comes before fall. I got pushed back again because of my upbringing. My communication skills was lacking. My storytelling not strategic enough. It was feedback that they thought was telling but for third world country upbringing me… no never good enough. I have not really thought about it before but now, after two bouts of therapy and humble pies, I am more resilient than ever whether they choose to see that or not.

I am no consolation prize. If someone says no you can’t achieve that then I will. I will fail fast so that I can innovate even faster. Why can’t I bounce back when I need to? Why can’t I attempt the Inca trail? I seriously will be able to do just what I want I am sure. I have always done so. To my own beat. In my own time. 

2025 is my last good run they say. So let’s ring it in and launch it with a bang of energy. 40s is gonna be my reclaim. 

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...