Twas the day after Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except the female spouse.
She awoke in the bright sunshine peeping through the blinds,
In hopes that MrHappyeverafter if stirred, wouldn’t mind.
The street was quiet all still snug in their beds,
While visions of last night’s turkey dinner danced in her head.
And towards S’s Xbox she turned, heart full of resolve,
As she reached for the Kinect, for Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.
When S got out of bed, and came to see what I was doing
I was too absorbed, in the midst of Cardio Boxing.
Kicks and punches, I threw like a flash,
Burning away the excess butter that was put in that mash.
As the sweat drips down the well arched brow,
Gave the husband no desire to approach her now.
So he saunters to his study for some live NBA stream
The Christmas Special where the Lakers took on the Bulls team.
I finished the workout, and cooked brunch real quick,
Leftover turkey with angel hair pasta was a winning pick.
We finished the meal as they wrapped up the game,
And then got ready to go out which was the real aim.
As we pulled up to J and T’s place for a Boxing Day gathering,
we were greeted with pleasant wafts of Izakaya cooking.
We were whisked to the bar and presented with yakitoris,
edamame, gyozas all to be washed down with Asahis.
It was a wonderful effort and evoked much delight
And then to top it all off, T produced into sight,
Not a creature was stirring, except the female spouse.
She awoke in the bright sunshine peeping through the blinds,
In hopes that MrHappyeverafter if stirred, wouldn’t mind.
The street was quiet all still snug in their beds,
While visions of last night’s turkey dinner danced in her head.
And towards S’s Xbox she turned, heart full of resolve,
As she reached for the Kinect, for Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.
When S got out of bed, and came to see what I was doing
I was too absorbed, in the midst of Cardio Boxing.
Kicks and punches, I threw like a flash,
Burning away the excess butter that was put in that mash.
As the sweat drips down the well arched brow,
Gave the husband no desire to approach her now.
So he saunters to his study for some live NBA stream
The Christmas Special where the Lakers took on the Bulls team.
I finished the workout, and cooked brunch real quick,
Leftover turkey with angel hair pasta was a winning pick.
We finished the meal as they wrapped up the game,
And then got ready to go out which was the real aim.
As we pulled up to J and T’s place for a Boxing Day gathering,
we were greeted with pleasant wafts of Izakaya cooking.
We were whisked to the bar and presented with yakitoris,
edamame, gyozas all to be washed down with Asahis.
It was a wonderful effort and evoked much delight
And then to top it all off, T produced into sight,
A cast iron plate with concave circles abound,
Cooks these takoyakis by turning it round and round.
My eyes-how they twinkled! When she said I could try!
To master the art of cooking Japanese battered octopi!
I gingerly turned the batter, still sore from the workout
eagerly hoping my first batch will turn out.
The heat from the pan, I gritted my teeth,
And the smoke it encircled my head like a wreath.
but those golden balls were so worth it when we served,
with Japanese mayo and worchestire!
The takoyaki was perhaps not so good for your health,
But I could not stop eating them, in spite of myself!
A swig of a beer, a mouthful of food,
reminds me again why life is so good.
Cooks these takoyakis by turning it round and round.
My eyes-how they twinkled! When she said I could try!
To master the art of cooking Japanese battered octopi!
I gingerly turned the batter, still sore from the workout
eagerly hoping my first batch will turn out.
The heat from the pan, I gritted my teeth,
And the smoke it encircled my head like a wreath.
but those golden balls were so worth it when we served,
with Japanese mayo and worchestire!
The takoyaki was perhaps not so good for your health,
But I could not stop eating them, in spite of myself!
A swig of a beer, a mouthful of food,
reminds me again why life is so good.

Hope you've all had a Jolly Holly Xmas and celebrated with as much good food and drink!
