Trailing on from last year's onslaught of white/blush/ivory gowns are the following selection. I love three of them, Octavia Spencer's Tadashi Shoji, Charlize Theron's and Jennifer Lawrence's stunning Diors.
![]() |
| White Gowns |
The other spotted trend- shimmer (on black). I especially loved Naomi Watts' Armani Prive, Stacy Keibler stuns again this year in Naeem Khan. Can't say I quite like the others in this selection at all.
![]() |
| Metallic Gowns |
The dresses that feature black and white, I only liked Zoe Saldana's Alexis Mabille Couture gown out of this repertoire, but I must say one of my recent purchases bear resemblance to Shaun Robinson's gown so I musn't have disliked it that much.
![]() |
| Black and White |
They may not have won and academy award, but oh my have they were show stoppers on the red carpet. Amy Adams' Oscar de la Renta and Jennifer Garner's Gucci are just gorgeous. I think Sally Field has style too in her Valentino.
![]() |
| Ruffles Galore |
A couple of polarising dresses. Most people thought they were stunning but I was disappointed that Anne Hathaway didn't wear Valentino as per the rumours. The Prada dress was too washed out a colour for her. But I forgive it because the T&Co accessorising from her back was subtly sexy (check out the next pic). Jessica Chastain in Armani was also too pale for me, but I know many thought it was stylish.
![]() |
Pale Dresses |
No one liked Samantha Barks' dress on Twitter it may seem and I think the Real Housewife got it really wrong too. Plunging Necklines are really hard to keep classy and I am not a fan.
![]() |
| Plunging necklines |









