Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Birthday post

I'm not going to lie to you, this year's birthday sucked a little bit because Mr HEA, he wasn't around. But my dear friends (bless their soul) they did everything they could to make sure I had a good time.

Celebrations began at work on Wednesday when we went to March into Merivale at Uccello at that Ivy pool bar. The March into Merivale $33 meal deal is a fabulous deal each year, for $33 you get a main and a glass of wine or a beer.

The three courses we could choose from this week included a choice between the
1) grilled pork neck, witlof, parsley, garlic


2) roast hapuka, lemon, capers, anchovy and rosemary

3) pappardelle, duck ragu

All delightful choices. You know I felt like we weren't in the city at all, that lunch we had, it was almost like we were in Florida somehow. Something to do with the Ridiculously tanned people sitting around the pool maybe.

Ivy Pool Bar


Then it was fast forward to Friday Where when I stepped into work in the morning my seat was festooned with balloons and streamers.

A handmade card signed by my team and the words telling me that my birthday present was inside it intrigued me.

Turns out my work colleagues had gotten me the lonely planet PDF guide Europe on a shoestring so that I could download it onto my Samsung tablet for when I next travel with Mr HEA. Handy for when I am planning the glorious summer trip to Spain and Italy. They had hidden a picture of the cover of the book in my card. No one really wants to lug around a huge guide book on their travels.

That wasn't just it, we got cupcakes too. You see my manager also had a birthday this weekend just passed and so the team was celebrating for us both.



I love my team at work.

I also went to the New South Wales Wine Festival Sydney Cellar door on Friday night but that wasn't really for my birthday. It didn't stop me from partying it up and drinking wine like it was though. *wink*

As you might know if you followed me on Twitter I went for a spa treatment Fully paid by Mr HEA for my birthday treat. A full body scrub, a heavenly facial and hot stone back massage for a full hour, that's the stuff we're talking about. It was enough to make up for the shitty weather on the weekend.

Thankfully on Sunday the weather cleared up. My Bestie and I headed down to the city for predinner drinks - cocktails all around for the ladies.
Spiced Pear on the right, Belle de Brillet Pear Cognac, Ginger and Pink Peppercorn Syrup, Fresh Lemon, Brown Sugar,

On the left Rosarita: Don Julio Blanco, Rose Syrup, Crème de Violette, Fresh Lime, Rose Petals

Dinner was at Gowing's Bar and Grill. A spectacular venue for its eccentric Decor.

Their steaks were cooked to perfection, and the alcohol selection was fabulous.

I even found they stocked a Pedro Ximenez to have with our Cheese platter! Love!

I am really blessed to have such great friends to keep me company whilst my husband is away. God knows how many of my birthdays will be without him, but I know this, as long as my friends are still around I will be okay. If you are one of those friends that helped make my day so special I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the day a sunnier one. You know who you are.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...