Thursday, 28 February 2013

February empties


Trudging along with my Project 100 Pan, this month's empties aren't as thematic as last month's. For one, they aren't just moisturisers this time and they aren't all one colour scheme.

First up was the SKII Facial Treatment clear lotion that is equivalent to the toner of the basic SKII range. I picked up SKII when I was 20 which was really young, but my cousin was 9 years older than me and had beautiful skin, so when she recommended it, I pulled out my college fund and bought a starter set. Since then, I have never lived without a bottle of the SKII essence handy. But its toner, well, I couldn't quite see equal benefits of relying on just this toner and so it will be a while before I need a replacement bottle. I still have a number of samples to get through anyhow.

Dermalogica's multivitamin thermafoliant was a microfine facial scrub that smells like eucalyptus and heats up your pores as it cleanses your skin of dead cells and buildup. Powerful stuff and a really long lasting tube suitable for daily use. Mental note that once I finish all the other facial scrubs I've accumulated, I am coming back to this one.

Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source Conditioner travel size tube nicked from the bathrooms of the hotel we spent a night in Maldives whilst waiting for our 6a.m. seaplanes. I love La Source's scent and so it was a no-brainer, packing with me the bathroom products with me.

Pantene's Split end fuser that comes in an array of 5ml tubes of leave on treatment. This was the last tube of the range. I rely a lot on leave on conditioner and one cannot underestimate the product packed in this tiny tube. I never use the full lot each time as I really don't have to. Half the tube (three quarters if you have longer/thicker hair) was always enough to allow for a comb to slide through those wet tangles in your hair.

Revlon's lip butter in Peach Parfait, a lipstick that's really gloss masquerading as lipstick. This is a really moisturising stick that isn't a very strong colour and so is really good for the girls who can't quite commit to rich coloured lipsticks yet, but still want that sexy stance when applying lippy. These sticks melt really easily in summer so I ended up digging up the lip butter with a lip brush towards the end.

Last on the list is Victoria Secret's Angel body butter in Dream Angels desire, a very very girly, sick floral scent that was a delight to put on, absorbs quickly but also leaves a good moisturised feeling for a good while after still. I bought this at a clearance sale in one of their outlets in America for get this, USD5! I haven't seen this in the VS store at our airport and I have looked, but this would be my favourite one from their range truly.

And so that gives me a total score of 8.333 proverbial pans hit so far in 2013.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...