Sunday, 24 March 2013

Wedding at Mosman Art Gallery & Zest

Ten years fly past so very quickly. Five years too. You wouldn't have thought it with the amount of time we'd spent back then on road trips and hanging out in uni, but they were the foundations of who we were going to be next and yet, they mightn't have been. Anyhow, ten years ago I met the groom of this wedding at uni and five years ago he met his true love that he married yesterday.

A truly beautiful ceremony. I felt distant because I hadn't seen much of them together and they had built their relationship around a different group of friends over time. I am happy for them and do believe after the beautiful day we spent peering into the beginning of their lifetime together, that it is true love and that it is the kind that will last.

The MAG has gorgeous stained glass windows, making the perfect backdrop to a perfect union.


At the door of the reception

A touch of rustic

How beautiful is that view?

Elegant Table centerpieces

One that got us excited, a dumpling station!

Bridal table

Wedding cake with a volleyball because it is what brought them together

One of the most scrumptious wedding menu I had ever had

Confit Ocean Trout

Bombonnieres: Measuring spoons for the recipe for Love

Slow Roasted Pork Belly

Slow roasted Grain-fed Lamb rump
The wedding setup was very elegant, but it wasn't a serious ambiance for the groom and bride's family were some fun-loving bunch that knows how to throw a serious party. Great entertainment (including a faux volleyball game), great food, great wine and excellent dance-floor action made it a very good night out with some old friends that I never thought I'd ever go 'clubbing' with again. Little do we know, we were training for wedding dance floors all those years ago.

I supposed this might be the last of the weddings to hit us before we turned 30 years old, and none of us yet had the responsibility of children, so we were able to drink, dance and be merry the night away. Very happy for the wedded couple and very thankful for the ability for them to express their love for each other with the sanctity and celebration of Marriage.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...