One built a successful business and had four kids but was coping with her second divorce with four kids.
One other was a meek young Director who was working in a man's world and had to learn the art and science of the profession and make it her own world
Another was just trying to build her networks in her career and was grappling with the scenario of whether having drinks with a male client was appropriate networking and how could she handle that situation without losing the client but not overstepping the line.
Things seem so much harder in the corporate world for women. The lady in the first story was being judged for her marriage falling apart because she prioritised her business, How could she be so unfair to her kids, putting them through another divorce? The woman in the last story was not sure whether the scenario would be any different if she was a man. Whether she was reading too much into it, after all they were both married, and worried that the deal might fall through if she didn't agree to the drinks.
All with a variety of career paths but yet each struggling to find their own way and make their way through the world embracing their femininity. Just a lot to reflect upon really as to how far women have come in society, but yet how much further we had to go. How apt to wrap the night up watching SATC 2 on Gem. How many stages of my life have I aligned to these four women and found relatable scenes and quotes from the series/ movies? Did you remember when the four of them stood on the stage and belted out "I am woman Hear me roar"?

The last time I watched it I related to different things, having been just married and was nesting, I related to 'cheating on fashion with furniture' and also I related to the fear of losing the sparkle a lot more then. But this time around, the question of distance between a couple and how no one else looking in could ever really understand the relationship as those that were in it, hit close to the heart.
Scene in the movie where Carrie speaks with her butler who's warming her milk:
- It is fine. She is in India.
- Oh.
-I will see her in one month. I'm afraid if I apologize then, it will hardly make sense.
-So you work here and you travel back and forth?
-Yes. Every three months, when I have a break in work and can afford the plane fare.
- Isn't that hard?
- What, miss?
- Just, you know, being married and spending all that time apart.
-Time does not matter. When we see each other, each time, it is very wonderful. I'm a lucky man.
So with that, I happily ended International Women's day knowing that I will be fine. I am strong enough to get through it all, that others have gone before me and have survived. I have everything ( man, career, girlfriends) that defines me now and will eventually have those which will define my future. As long as I never stop believing in myself and never stop losing focus of who I am. A woman.