Sunday, 10 April 2011

The first week of April

It was one crazy week which kicked off with us going to his firm's Tax Gala at the Doltone House. It was a masquerade ball and I must say I love them! The enigmatic atmosphere of it all often evokes a very romantic Romeo meets Juliet ambience that I cannot seem to find elsewhere.

Then I flew out to Melbourne and caught up with my cousins whom hadn't seen the ring or heard the proposal story yet so we share. Jac comments: "Don't worry you can always upgrade the ring later" And whilst I know I am hearing it out of context, in my mind I am squeamish... no! I could never upgrade on my husband! Its with everything in life... you can always have a better model, but it depends how long you are willing to hold out for. As for me, I know that at each point of my life, Mah Boo is the best model for that time in place for me and so I could not complain. (How mushy is that?)

Whilst sitting in a conference in Melbourne, Boo calls and I slip out to pick up the call.
"I hope you don't mind, but I made an offer on the Hayward place"

"The what place? What? How much?"

"The triangle place."

*steadies myself* *mental gulp* and I am sure with an uncertain quiver in my voice, " Wow"

"And the vendor's accepted"

"Have you talked  to your parents? Are they backing this?"

"Yes. They told me to make the offer"

"Oh..."

***
And then after exchanging contracts and putting down the 10% deposit, we strode along the busy night streets of Sydney that fateful Friday night and he said, "I said this two years ago when I bought my place and I'll say it again. It doesn't matter what else happens for the rest of this year. It is already a wonderful year!"

Now I know it is a dilapidated cottage and that it isn't anybody's dream home yet... but it is ours, and it is in the suburb where we met and want to live out the rest of our lives in. So we can be like his parents and extend the place later on. I love it more and more the more I think of it. I can't wait to get married out of there!

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...