Sunday, 8 May 2011

My What a week! Hair piece and shoes sorted!

It's been a really emotional week.

Not only have I been working really hard on only our biggest conference of the year, I was also working on two Brisbane conferences throughout the week. At least I get to go!

On top of all of that, on the wedding front, I have been hit with many other issues:

1) I found out that we have to get a new MC cause the friend we intended on asking rejected the request and said he'd prefer to enjoy a wedding for once instead of working through it. So we had to re-shuffle mentally amongst our friends and come up with different tasks for the night for each one.

2) My mum's sister decided to have her two cents about my wedding too. Probably my fault cause I included her in my emails to Mum. But she basically didn't understand why I had chosen a traditional garb for my reception dress and she suggests that for such a 'grand' occassion, I need to have sequins and be dressed to the nineties. She also said I will look older than my husband on the day if I am not taking her suggestions on board. But you know what?

I doubt it. My fiance has been really supportive through it all, telling me that he reckons I shouldn't be listening to her as he doesn't rate her fashion sense very much anyways. I agree. I have never really liked the gifts she's given me throughout the years, but again its my fault cause I always thank her profusely for it.

3) Having said that, I suppose my insecurities were more around my reception dress being too short and highlighting the width of my hips. I have no idea if the skirt can be lengthened at all, and I am now wishing there is more of a 'swish' effect with the skirt. Although there is more material in the skirt to create a fluid movement, perhaps the material isn't long enough and so it isn't creating that softness and fluidity. In fact it is gathering between my legs and hardly very flattering. ARRRGGGHHH!!! I should really calm down and bring this to a seamstress to have it all fixed.

4) And then my future father in law convinced me to have an open inspection of my apartment and he started bringing an agent to my place whilst I wasn't here. I mean I don't mind taht, but he doesn't know my place now does he? Again, I didn't say no and he ended up not knowing the answers to the questions the agent had. Typical. Why do others like to 'help' a control freak? Don't they know I will never be 100% happy with someone else dealing with my affairs? Grrrr.....And then no one turns up for the open inspection anyways. Crap agent.

It isn't all bad news I suppose.

At least I made progress with babe on what wedding cars we will have.

And I got a beautiful head piece that I am really pleased with:




And I bought what I think might be my actual wedding shoes:



And so....I really shouldn't complain I suppose. :)

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...