We are coming into summer days now. Every morning is sunny going into work. The flowy floral dresses showing off tanned legs and arms are everywhere in the city and there is a cheer in the air as people having had a good Melbourne cup are now planning their Christmas parties and booking NYE plans.
S and I are working hard on our house now that we are back. We spent the weekend mowing, weeding, raking and replanting the lawn. I am so excited at the prospects of the new lawn that I could sit there and watch the grass grow...literally! S has caught me once.
We also went to Moore park supacenta and scored this grand tv entertainment unit from Nick Scali in the sales. S was stoked I can tell. For it really did tick every box of ours. It was white, high gloss, the right height, good quality and just the right price. And it has enough slots for all of S's gadgets and gizmo's! Twas a good weekend that just went past.
Well I wondered last night if I could be happier if we had posted our engagement on Facebook so that 78 or so people can 'like' it? Or if he could make me feel more secure by changing our Facebook status to include our relationship. Or if he could do grand gestures so that the voyeur in me can post up details along with pictures so that our friends can gag on our romance. Perhaps tis true what Lady Fairfax says: that Jealousy is the last resort of the insecure.
But when I do reflect on the little things he does do for me, like folding my laundry and putting them away, or like marinating the chicken so that it's easier for me to make dinner when I get home from work, or just him taking the initiative to research council law to find out how to get rid of that tree that really annoys me in the backyard...I know I don't need Facebook affirmation to help me articulate his affections for me. We are happy just the way we are.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
