
At Kuramathi island in the Maldives: one of the most pristine and engaging natural beauties I have ever encountered. This has been a treat showing S the lushness of the tropics and seeing the colours of the flowers, tasting the sweetness of the fruit, the wonders of the sea creatures that coexist still with the tourists of the resort.
Memories of my childhood come gushing back, of all the things my mother tried to teach me about Mother Nature on many of our nature walks. And I have been so excited to revisit them like old friends of mine, playing with the Hermit crabs and telling S all the stories my mother used to share with me.
Today is my last day here on the island. I sit in the fierce sun beating upon the deck of our water bungalow with a cool glass of French rose to sip at for refreshment and I stare at the lone heron that perches everyday on the rock in the midst of the ocean. If only I could stay here forever, with the warm breeze keeping my sun kissed locks off my face, watching the heron and watching the sea. If only we were sure where we would be in ten years time, so that we did not need to spend today stressing and pondering but could just spend it like this everyday of this honeymoon... Careless and carefree, just sipping and staring at the sea.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone