Friday, 2 January 2015

Adieu Xmas & 2014; Hello 2015!




We had a quiet Xmas in London on the actual day. Donning tacky Christmas jumpers for an obligatory Xmas photo, we had just a couple of lobster tails and 30 day aged Hereford steaks after Christmas day mass.


Then we ate our desserts whilst watching a live rendition of Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer. Not as festive as we are used to, but nonetheless full of joy and peace, we knew we would have a very different Christmas in 2015 and we wanted to steal back any time we could have to ourselves before then.

You see, I had a small epiphany leading up to Christmas, because I decided that life without Mr HEA in 2013 was joyless, soulless and purposeless, I knew that what I had in 2014 was enough. Enough excitement, enough love, enough happiness. That no matter how little I bought, how little stuff we had, how simple our lives in 2014 were, I felt we were the most blessed couple in the world, because we found each other and because we still loved each other after all that we went through, and that we could begin a little family of our own together next year. It seemed so fulfilling that I am overjoyed with our lives.

We came home to Sydney. We had our delayed Xmas gatherings with the family and our dearest friends.


There were no exchanges of gifts, but I didn’t mind. I didn’t need them because I was being given the most enthralling gift of all, the love and concern of such beautiful people. After each gathering, I breathed in deeply to remind myself that it wasn’t a dream, that I indeed had been in the presence of some rather wonderful beings and that they were all really good people that I wanted to surround my life with. and it only took me thirty years to find them all.

So, in 2015, I pray that I will continue to remember to be thankful for what I do have and not covet what I do not. I pray that as I earn less income whilst on Maternity Leave, I will not feel embarrassed or powerless in the presence of other hardworking people’s wealth leading to my discontent or insecurity or worse, tantrum throwing because of the former two feelings. As we held each other last night whilst watching the fireworks, his hand firmly holding on to my bump holding on to our squirming, unborn child and I at the same time, I knew that we would be fine in 2015, because we would be together, in the same place and as one.

May your 2015 be filled with just as much joy and peace as you can fathom and may you love all the moments you get to spend with your nearest and dearest. God bless.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...