Sunday, 25 March 2012

The Hunger Games - My take

This story is gruesome and immoral. Not my usual cup of tea. But Suzanne Collins threw a love story in there somewhere and suddenly I am intrigued. With my interest piqued, I convinced S to spend an afternoon with me watching the movie and made sure I didn't spoil the story for him (I looked it up on Wikipedia as the trailers did not let on anything about what the story is about).

Now that I've watched it, I can't stop thinking about it and I'd love to read the books, if only my friend didn't tell me that it would be a lot more gory than the movie. I have a vivid imagination and even if the book (as the reviews say) is written for a fourth grader read, I am pretty sure we would have a very terrifying few nights of my active imagination running wild with me within the HEA household.

So, the verdict hangs. I am still undecided on whether I should pick up the three books or not.




The above is a fan-made movie of a scene from the book which I think has been done better than the movie. Perhaps another hint at how the books are better than the film?

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...