
We had the Hen's on Sunday... and I had an awesoooome time! I haven't seen the photos however, but the girls assure me they are Incriminating *Gulp!* I will upload pics hopefully next week when the excitement dies down and the girls have passed on the Hen's "Scrapbook" that they promise to make me. By then I might be lamenting the loss of my singledom I think. I do have however a picture of the cake they got for my Hen's
Since then, I have been running through all the last minute tasks for the DAY whilst trying to calm a panicked Groomzilla and tending to all the relatives that have begun arriving. My house is turned upside-down. I've forgotten how important meals are to a Chinese culture... my relatives are constantly revolving between the Supermarket, Kitchen and the dining room. It has been dish after dish after dish. And they are all Malaysian culinary delights. It feels surreal, sitting with them for meals and hearing them compliment each other on how well they've cooked each dish eventhough the ingredients here are different from the ones they find back home.
It didn't feel like I was getting married all this time. More like I've had relatives over for a visit. Another exciting thing is that mum's brought her jewels from her dowry to give to me. Whilst I don't wear much jewellery, I couldn't help but think, wow... this belonged to my mother. Given to her by her mother and I shall one day pass on to my daughter. I never thought either that I would have a family heirloom, but there is this ring. This ring that I am very drawn to. And it fits me like a glove. I wish I had thought to have that as my wedding band instead, but I'll one day hopefully give it to a son to pass on to his wife.... although S thinks its not that great an idea... he is worried his son will marry a floozy or a golddigger and my heirloom will be gone. Ain't that cute? We are really getting ahead of ourselves here...
The Rehearsal dinner was yesterday. I hadn't been to one where there is so much laughter and roasting. Made me assured that we had certainly picked the right bridal party and that we will be real fine on the day. Right. What else is there to do? The internet ticker I have says: 1 Day till I wed my soulmate. I think I will write a letter to him. I want him to know just how happy I am that I am marrying him... and how happy I know he can make me and that, through all our trials, and through all the tears, we have always found hope and laughter in our relationship this last 9 years. I'd say, holding his hand for the rest of life's journey is my true joy.. and my honour.
