Thursday, 16 June 2011

Daddy's speech...

So Dad's asked me again and again to write his speech for him. This is the only thing he has been most excited about throughout all the plans... so I finally obliged last night... This is what I have for him:

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen
I am the Father of the bride tonight and on behalf of my wife and I, I would like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of our daughter Y to S.
I would like to thank S’s parents, T & M, his brother’s family, as well as all our relatives and friends, some of whom have travelled far to be here tonight.
Thank you all for coming, it’s very much appreciated.
This is the point where I am supposed to say a few embarrassing things about Y when she was younger but she wrote my speech so she did not put anything down for me to share with you tonight. What I will say is this, Y has made us very proud. All parents want their children to have a good education and give themselves a good start in life and Y has taken control of that from a very young age. I always tell people that it was really easy to raise my kids. I never had to worry about them and before you know it they are all grown up.
To S, Every Father hopes his daughter will find a reliable, sensible, and responsible partner and as much as you try not to interfere in their lives, you always hope your children will make the right choices in life. Y chose S.
I have found that S has grown on me over the years that they have been dating. I have seen this boy grow to become the man he is today and become worthy of my little girl. I hope that he closely matches my own values as a provider, a partner and a father because today I hand over responsibility for our daughter to him. However, I know Y has made an excellent choice, she has had 9 years to decide that and I welcome S to the Family.
29 years ago, I married my wife in this very same month and I have this advice to give Y and S. Keep your eyes wide open before the wedding, half shut afterwards.
Now for a toast, it is written: “when children find true love, parents find true joy”. Here's to your joy and ours, from this day forward.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...