So the new doors got delivered yesterday and we are choosing the paint for the outside of the house. I've lived there a full week by now.
It's starting to glow a little... mainly because my future father in law has been painting the hallway white. a little bit each day. When I come home, I always go around the place to see what has been done. I feel terrible that we are not helping out though and I wish we could do more and be more responsible about it.
But my fiance is not a handyman. I have to live with that. I cannot expect him to be who he isn't. My brother is selfish and spoiled and so I cannot rely on him either. I will have to help FFIL if I really want things to be done.
Anyways, I have fully unpacked my own room by now and I can see where things sort of belong. I am also liking the closer distance between the new place and the city than my old place. Which I certainly would not admit to anyone else, cause I was such an advocate of the trains and my previous suburb before, and also because, I didn't (at one point in time) see the point of hauling my life out of my little apartment which I took so much pains to make my home.
Now it is our home... not just mine. I have to be less liberal with the peonies decals and the blingy decorations. He's allowed me flowers and paintings... but I will steer away from the Ballerinas and princesses too I think. I bought the day bed without consulting him though and whilst I love it... it's got two massive love hearts wrought into the iron and I am not sure what he thinks of it yet... I guess we'll find out soon enough :P