Sunday, 6 May 2012

Saturday in Manic May

Writing this in the sun rays streaming into my writing nook, reflecting flecks of crystal light onto the wall behind the whiskey trolley that bears my Husband's antique crystal decanter, listening to the boppy strains of Bic Runga's latest album Belle while recovering from Saturday.
Aside from the routine loads of laundry I had to run yesterday morning, I pulled together a brunch pizza for my beloved which we waffled down because he's looked up The Avengers Gold Class schedule and we are aiming to make it to the 12.15pm sesh.


Tomatoes, sausage, bacon, eggs and mozarella on a pizza, If that's not the perfect cure to Hubby's Baxter Inn hangover, then what is?


Events Cinema's Gold class in Bondi Junction is quite something, walking through the frosted sliding doors to a private lounge where the fully stocked bar and cosy couches make it difficult to remind yourself that you are here to watch a movie. The Avengers is a really good movie with a great hilarious script which takes time building rapport between the characters of the movie so that you can take in the teamwork that goes into the fight scenes. Everyone performs well except for the Robin-Scherbatsky chick who really should stick to How I Met Your Mother. We laid back in our reclining couches and are brought our frozen cokes when the movie starts and it was an intimate experience with all of only thirty pax in the theatre. It almost seems rude to laugh out loud in the movie.

We went home with plenty of time for a Grocery run and a fantastic dinner. I set a lamb rack in the oven and made a few random sides based on what else was in the pantry and the Cinco de Mayo forces must have been at play because I made a salsa of sorts and a mean jalapeno mince with El Paso nacho dip unknowingly to go with the lamb. A rather beserk combination but Mr.HEA laps it up anyways.



 
Then it was time to stick on the falsies and smouldering eyes, a fresh slick of lipstick and some cute Charles & Keith black party ankle boots and head out to The Beresford Hotel in Surry Hills for some serious partying. In my hazy, tipsy stupour I remembered I hadn't taken a proper shot of my OOTD all day so I did this in the bar. Does this make me a loo blogger? Why else do they put full length mirrors in cubicles? Oh to let you check you haven't got your skirt tucked into your hose. Why else?
Rules by Mary dress, Leona Edmiston stockings, LV epi electric Iena clutch

  Hmmm... it's time now for another day and I am a little worse for wear having knocked back a few vodka cranberries last night because it was so warm in the bar. The Birthday girl wore a goegeous peplum dress which makes me make a mental note to self that I will need to check out this style on me if it is as hot as all the Mercedes Benz Fashionistas during fashion week imply. The Beresford Hotel is a place for Hawt people seriously. At least last night it appeared to be like that. Just tons of beautiful people all having a great time, present company included of course.

Oh yeah, I was meant to wrap up in the start of the last paragraph, I do ramble on. Have a great day everyone! I most certainly intend to!


You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...