Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Trustee - A night out in Perth

Friday night out in a new city and I was in the queue of a newly opened bar. How chic of me. Trustee, hosted in a lovely heritage building on 135 St George Terrace, not far away from many office buildings aspires to be the typical bankers' watering hole on weekdays. A large selection of wines and a cocktail drinking crowd made for a bustling opening. After being promised a twenty minute wait in the queue but let in after five, I gratefully sank myself onto the plush leather couch in a corner of the bar with my newfound Perth friends.

We ordered wine, because it would have been a terribly long wait for cocktails, and the Dry reisling we had was really yummy. To be honest, I don't remember enough of the night for a detailed post, and trying to remember details still brings about a dull throb from the hangover I had to endure the next morning on a 5 hour flight back to Kuala Lumpur (Not recommended btw). But, I do remember what inspired me to take the few pictures I found on my phone the next afternoon.


Clockwise from top left:

1) The expansive brass and glass wine cellar-vault that sits in the middle of the bar floor.

2) The old world charm decor of the place with the iron-wrought lamp stands and old chests for coffee tables


3) Fat chips. No, seriously fat chips almost the size of a non-smart phone.

4) More of the decor, this one we deduced is themed to match the place's name ~ the Trustee.



Alcohol-induced revelry made it impossible to believe that my visions of freaky babies popping up in our drinks wasn't a mere hallucination, but there were some tipsy cajolling and tossing around naked toy bubs and placing them in compromising positions. And I swear they found their way with me on my trip to Kuala Lumpur.


I beleive that we all had a great night, despite, the hazy memory, the waitress that kept removing our full beers, the long waits for alcohol and despite the cancelled credit card the next day because I thought I had misplaced it.


Fantabulous place to hang out and I'd go there again one day I think, just to try out some of that french food they are supposed to also serve in their bistro.


The Trustee Bar and Bistro on Urbanspoon






You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...