Saturday, 1 June 2013

May Empties



1 spray fresh 24hr action baby powder deodorant - purchased in a hurry on the way to the gym one time when I forgot to pack one. This scent really is a baby powder scent and it is pleasant enough, but I don't even remember where I bought it from, so I am not sure if I will zoom to purchase it again.

2 Olay Total effects 7-in-1 anti aging cream for Blemish prone/oily skin - I do find Olay products bang for buck. A good price, does the job. I don't really need blemish prone and must have bought this cause it was either the only one on the shelf, or it was purchased pre-menstrual during one of my usual breakout fests.

3 Precision Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair Anti-wrinkle eye cream - I squeezed every last drop out of this 3 ml sample and the texture is divine and so soothing for the tired eye. I tend to use this on the nights that I needed a little more pampering after a tough day in front of the computer and I found it worked quite well, absorbs quickly and is virtually scentless.

4 Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup with 10 SPF in shade 032 - I must never ever buy foundation when I am travelling in summer. This is the second failed product I have ever bought on impulse (Century 21 in New York 2010) where I got caught up by the bright lights and the garishly charming makeup counter lady who told me this was the closest shade to my skin colour. It wasn't and I didn't like the matte texture all that much. It caked on my skin and was best worn with BB cream to even out the whiteness and to make it more 'spreadable'. And the pump always gets stuck, very messy situations for rushed morning applications. I don't know why Dior keeps discontinuing the lines I do like. This one I don't.

5 Neutrogena Oil-free Daily scrub for acne prone skin - Again, I must have picked it more because I was going through an irregular break out sesh. I have generally good skin with a few enlarged pores in my T-Zone that normally does get infected when I am stressed and the hormones are raging. This scrub irritated at first because of the mild salicylic acid content, but I don't mind the scrub as it is a good, hardworking one. Perhaps do avoid if you have sensitive skin as I tend to be more punishing with my scrub preferences.

6 Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater & Glycerine Body Lotion - I had forgotten how good Rose lotions smell. I am talking the luxurious scents of Jurlique. Old fashioned but associated with so many pleasant memories for me. I could keep using this, but I have several other lotions to get through first, so will park this one for the moment.

7 Sensodyne proven relief for sensitive teeth Freshmint with fluoride toothpaste - Mr.HEA's dentist loads him up with these toothpaste tubes everytime he visits and that's why when we travel, he's usually the one that packs toothpaste (He just keeps these tubes in his travel pouch permanently). I borrowed some for my massive work travel spree this entire month and this finished up whilst on the road.

Nak Aroma Hair OilGiving off a soft baby powder scent, this Hair Oil tames wild frizz, good for hair succumbed to 24 hr air-cond in hotel stays. It is waxy and gel like from the bottle but absorbs surprisingly quick into hair leaving nice soft ends.

9 Revlon Colorburst Lip butter in Pink Truffle 001 - I think this is my colour and I love the moisture in the lipstick, although it annoyingly melts like butter when temperatures rise and I no longer can carry it in my bag beyond that point as I'd have to apply with a lip brush (not so convenient for quick reapplications on the go).

10 SK-II Facial treatment clear lotion - much like Mr.HEA's dentist gives him toothpaste samples, SKII sales assistants in Malaysia give me toner samples. I had three bottles of this to tide me through the days before I buy a proper bottle, but they're also perfect travel companions.

11 SK-II facial treatment cleansing gel - One of my favourite makeup removers of all time, it is effective, gentle, luxurious and can sometimes be the highlight of my day when I am dying for a fresh face-feel. Anyways, I have drawn out the remnants of this sample as I have had other makeup removers to rely on and I haven't been brave enough to part with this. I think I'll buy a fresh tub when I transit in KL on my Europe trip next week.

That's the equivalent of 7 products finished this month (3 samples equate to one product)! So I have finished 30.33 products so far! At GBP60 I think I should be able to purchase quite a delightful spend. Should it be one luxury beauty item or massive drugstore haul ladies?

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...