I remember distinctly raving to everyone that London was heaven because the sales were astronomical and it was delirious trying to fathom the idea of designer bags lurking in bargain bins when London goes on sale. Incredulous looks I got, and when I was here during the Boxing day sales five years after that ethereal experience, I couldn't find it, and I thought it was merely a mirage.
Lo and behold. I didn't dream it all. I saw a man on the tube reading his paper and on the front, it said, Harvey Nichols sale now on. #HNSTAYCALM. How to stay calm? I was moments away from experiencing that glory again! And this time I made sure I documented it because I didn't want people to disbelieve anymore that this heavenly experience existed.
 |
| Marc Jacobs in Bargain bin |
 |
| You know what you spy behind the massive bins? |
Rows upon rows of Alexander Mcqueen discounted Pashminas and chiffon classic skull scarves!
 |
| GBP 134 for the Pashmina |
 |
| GBP 83 for the scarf |
 |
| Proenza Schouler Tote in the 70% off racks! |
 |
| Alexander Wang 45% off! |
 |
| PS1 bag in Paprika only GBP792! |
I only hyperventilated in the bags department, but I must say the shoe department evoked the same emotions from shoe aficionados. Overheard, "I am at the Harvey Nichols sale, stuck in the shoe department. I have been here for a few hours trying on every pair of shoes that are on sale. I don't want to ever leave".
 |
| These Balenciagas caught my eye |
I didn't want to leave, but I couldn't buy up the store either, seeing I made a pact that I wasn't going to amass all these new wants before I make this move to London. Ah well, more for others to enjoy. I ask you again, How to stay calm?