Wednesday, 16 February 2011

My White Dress ~ The journey and the destination

The day I went to start looking for dresses, I realised very quickly that what I had thought would look good on me wasn't the most flattering. I didn't want a huge skirt cause I think it silly to push my new husband away from me because he would keep stepping on my dress. Plus those dresses are heavy and the brides in them always look a little awkward walking in them. I think. I had thought that I'd like something quite elegant like this one:
but was afraid that it would make my bum look even bigger!
and this Maggie Sottero dress had always had my attention from when it first came out. But I didn't have the right body shape to pull it off.

Anyways, my first dress-shopping experience was with Roz la Kelin and I had thought this dress was quite pretty and when I first saw myself in it I had thought now this is a bride...

And I tried this on, another Maggie Sotterro dress. I think this was the Evelyn? My manager at work is getting this one now and I am sure it looks way better on her than it did on me. Cause I can't even hold the dress up, plus this dress has a very dipped back and my back is scarred. Hmm... not that great a look.
Anyways, there were other dresses but they always looked good, but just not quite right. And I was there in yet another bridal store thinking its not going to do anything for me. And then I tried on Henry Roth's Harley dress... not what I had asked for. I had asked for the Haley, but the Harley made me think... perhaps I don't want to be elegant. Maybe I wanted to be romantic? Tulle and diamantes and everything nice you know?

*****

Then I tried on a 2011 collection dress from Alfred Angelo not intending to buy anything like this at all but tried it on for fun.... the workmanship is excellent and it looks way more expensive and exquisite than a dress that is less than $2k. His designs are really flattering too in a very elegant way. So walking down the gallery in the bridal shop with their chandelier on...I couldn't stop admiring the sparkly details on the dress...and how it shimmered with every sway and glittered with every turn.

I bought the dress and at that moment in time, sealed the theme for the wedding which I was totally unsure about before that. Alfred Angelo's Style 850 dress:


Note though...I hinted the style of my dress (after I paid the deposit for it) to FH and he had had a different style in mind which made me really disappointed that my dress might not have the 'wow' factor) but unfortunately the bridal shop I went to already ordered the dress and I couldn't bear to lose my deposit. I bit the bullet and stuck with my dress and luckily whilst planning other details for the wedding, have now fallen in love with it again.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...