Yesterday we went shopping, all four of us at Bondi Westfield. And I think we've found our dresses! I am so glad I said to each of them that I am not expecting them to wear the same dress eventhough no one truly wanted to listen to me and just thought that I was being an unconventional bride and being difficult. I had to end up telling them that this is New York chic before they would buy the idea at all! This is what I would like to say to each of them to really explain what I feel:
The reason I was adamant about you three wearing different dresses is because I personally find it demeaning that I make my friends wear the same dress and walk around as part of my wedding rather than the three individual and strong women that I love and have chosen to be by my side at my most special moments. I chose each of you for the different strengths you have and know that throughout the wedding process I can rely on each of you for different things and that I will be most able to keep sane with you girls around me. So on the day, my wish is for everyone to realise that I love you three for all the tears and laughs that you have shared with me and see how beautiful each of you are in your ways and your own flair.
And if you have been wondering just how beautifully different these three are. Here's a sneak peek for what's to come!
Addendum: We are now going with just the one dress. As it turns out there is one dress that fits them all and shows them all as beautiful individuals and they would be confident in unity, so I have left them at that and have gone ahead and purchased three of one of the most beautiful bridesmaids dress that I have ever seen.
