We have been house hunting. Not because we we need a place to live in after we are married. We both own a property each. There really isn't much of an emotional attachment to the property we are seeking now. At least not yet. We have the strictest criteria based on potential capital gains, rather than where we would raise our kids.
Truth be told we have no money at the moment to sustain the purchase of a house in the location that he wants it in. So we would have to rent it out until we can. But I am letting him go ahead with the decisions because he is so manly. He doesn't want me to worry about the financial aspects of this purchase, saying he will take care of it. He is building our wealth portfolio and I am sure that we will be very comfortable in the future. I know this is him showing me his love and how much he cares about our future. Whilst I am focusing on the silly things like what colour the bridesmaids should wear, he has obviously realised what truly matters for me.
I have never expected someone will provide and take care of me. This is new and quite lovely actually. So I am really lucky. I will convince myself to stop worrying and accepting my role as his partner in crime from here on wards.