Thursday, 20 October 2011

Married ever after

I have been married 1.5 weeks now! And we've kept busy with my parents still visiting before and S officially moving into the house. Since being married I find the following things to be superbly amazing:
1) How much S has grown and become more loving in his actions. Being a husband becomes him. I get to win arguments now! Yippee!

2) How much housework there is with the addition of just one person in the household. Either I was taking many shortcuts before and not having proper meals and keeping the house tidy... Or I just have had to put up with a new set of habits and a foreign lifestyle from my own and it's causing the extra work load

3) How well I am surviving without trashy tv and ploughing through forums or other people's blogs which used to be my chillax thing to do in my evenings. I just spend time with S now and I wonder if he'd get sick of that soon. Hmmm...which begs the question, do married couples have to do everything together? I am not entirely sure how long I will keep this up for either.

4) How easy it was to be single and living with nuclear family compared to living with a spouse...for example, Money and how you chose to use it was not an Issue with my parents... Especially when I made my own.
But somehow the spouse seems to have a right over what I make and can tell me to slow down spending! Certainly the Issue of the moment..,

5) Space! How a guy can need so much space for his stuff. S doesn't look much like someone that needs it though considering he only has one good pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts I usually see him in. It's a mystery that applies to men too I suppose the wardrobe that is so full but yet holds nothing for you to wear.

The last of the blooms from the wedding remains...



The only living remnants of the beautiful memories. The other stuff we accumulated needs to be packed away... But S has kindly put them into the garage for the time being so that I don't have to deal with them just yet.

He promises me that things might seem tough now but he'll do more for us throughout the marriage. Yep! He's changed since we said those vows. Sometimes it is worth sticking around and not giving up on a person even if they couldn't promise you anything then...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...