Saturday, 11 March 2017

To my 2 year old

You woke up this morning and decided to let me have a lie in. I woke to find you in the lounge entertaining yourself with your books.

Another year. What a journey it's been. We went from fighting and disagreeing on the crying it out method to really now enjoying our time with you. You made the parenthood thing seem all that much more worthwhile this year now that you talk and express yourself and exude self confidence.

Of course your skill set has improved by leaps and bounds in the last year and I know you and your friends are aware of each other now and they look forward to seeing you each day (they even made you a card for your bday which I am keeping to hopefully show you one day)as much as you look forward to being there with them in nursery. Your educators report that you are such a book lover, that you are caring and will readily give cuddles and say hi and bye to everyone you see at the nursery, that you help give out the water bottles at meal times, that you are really quite the tall poppy with yelling out the right answer when it comes to categories you know, that you are everyday a pleasure for them to be with. You are now branching too from books into exploring drawing, play dough, dancing and singing. For all of that I am ever so grateful and thankful because i just want you be happy and well-fulfilled.

Your daddy is so proud of you. Of how brave you are and your high threshold for pain. Indeed you are fearless poking at spiders and throwing yourself into swimming pools dive after dive, you will pick yourself up again after a fall and hobble along with just kisses to make you feel better. I hope I never project my own phobias onto you in our lifetime together.

I never thought I would end up with you. The determined, independent and straightforward little person that you are (which you got from your father), but also how seeking of positive reinforcement, imaginative and emotional you can be, taking after me. Perhaps this means you'd become a stronger woman than I am, rational and decisive like your father but empathetic and strategic like me. I quiver with excitement just imagining the person you could become and the endless possibilities there are for you that I didn't have because your father and I are so determined to give you the cultural and educational best that our worlds can offer you.

My darling daughter, for one, I still cannot forget how you told me in a dream that you are a daughter way before we met you or knew what gender you were. And how despite hoping for a boy, you've proven to me that I needed a girl as my first born and you've been ever so gentle with us as new parents being a good little girl that doesn't test your boundaries in ways that we are ill prepared for. You have in a way made parenting a toddler rather easy so far so I pray that you shall be just as understanding in your older years and dare I hope your teens? I get ahead of myself. Happy birthday darling! Looking forward to another year of joy and chats with you.




























I made the achievement cards a couple of weeks back and pre-empted a few things. In favour of not posting untruths, you haven't mastered the shapes yet but you are definitely better at potty training than I expected you would be.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...