Anecdotes from my toddler who is nowadays so full of sass:
Dad: are you causing havoc for mummy?
She looks up from the pile of stuff she's pulled out of my kitchen cupboards and grins. "Not yet," she cheekily replies.
She comes to me," Mummy High five?" As I put my hand out she withdraws and says, "Too slow".
Whenever her daddy is eating and she isn't, she'll walk up to him and demand,"Some"
She threw our ceramic monkey onto the tile floor and its head broke off. Two days later I had to take her to the doctor's and she requested we brought monkey in too. "The Dr said no more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
In front of her dad, I cheekily asked," Shall we cut up the Mango tomorrow when Daddy isn't around and share amongst ourselves?" She looks at me with a glint in her eye and says "Yeah!"
Points at my pimple scab and says "Yuck! Mummy face dirty"
Also points at bathroom mould near the taps,"Bathroom dirty". Yes Boss!
At any time when you ask her a question about something she wants or knows, she'd affirm with "Yeah" in the same intonation as "Duh!". All that's missing is the rolling of eyes, although I swear it's there sometimes in my mind.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone