Thursday, 11 August 2011

More on the wedders

We got the price quotes today from our friend and it's a lot more than we had budgeted for! But he is offering me a much better colour grade diamonds in the band than my e-ring. I then started to get worried that the
Rock would look terrible next to the band!

So in typical me fashion, I fussed and sought assurance from everyone ard me. The gals on the wedding forum, L from work cause she's a diamond expert, and then a plethora of engaged and married people at work to canvass their opinions and experience from wedder shopping. I also went to T&Co and Levendi's to suss out what my ring would cost if I bought retail and most important of all what it would look like.

This is the new knowledge I gathered in summary:

1) Platinum is more expensive than diamonds when you are looking at diamonds that small.
2) that because I have a channel set band, less light get into the stones from the sides and hence the better colour stones won't show off the bigger stone which gets a lot more light.
3) My e-ring has virtually no visible inclusions in it even under the scope with a professional eye. I even got to look at it! And it looks pwetty!
4) Buying wholesale is less than half the price of retail!

I am stoked that I am very well informed about my decision now so I cannot regret this!

S is gonna email our friend tomorrow to let him know we'll go ahead with it!

These are pictures of roughly what our wedders look like...it's not exact, but it's the closest I found to what we've got.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...