Sunday, 18 March 2012

Great Target Sales haul

We had an Uh-May-Zing shopping trip this weekend as part of our routine visit to the local Westfield.

S and I have been struggling over the subject of lamps. S being happy with his childhood one without spending exorbitant amounts on something a bit more 'adult'. His heart was set on spending our money on something more decadent, a Nespresso machine. I wasn't as excited about it as I was trying to cut down on my coffee intake. So with that 'tiff' in mind we set out to Woolworths.

I bought some ingredients for pizza baking, and for the red velvet cupcakes that I planned to make for my manager's farewell on Tuesday. I also topped up on Maldon Salt flakes and rock salt as we had run out, and put into the trolley a 'Living Basil' plant that I intended to put into a pot to add to my herd garden.

All through that, S stayed put in one place cause there were too many people around the supermarket what with the 3 minute angels and the face painters Woolies had brought in to keep the shoppers happy. It was just too hard to push the trolley around with me. He had also found a discarded Target catalogue to amuse himself with and so was more than happy to let me zip along the aisles and come back to the trolley with our groceries.

As I unloaded our last lot, he showed me that Target had 40% off all table lamps! And a whopping 50% off tin bakeware! So we hurriedly paid and left our groceries in the car before rushing off to Target. Moments later we re-emerged new happy owners of these lovely lamps at $24 each! And we got ourselves a proper pizza pan and a brand new muffin tin! Yippee!

Surely you see how much more of an improvement this is from the previous bedroom post!


We made the yummiest thin crust pizza with success this time!

And ah, you should know too that I have agreed with S that we'll get a Nespresso machine cause he dragged me to Myer to convince me that the model he seeks after will really not take up too much room on my precious little kitchen countertops. And let's face it, I do love good coffee every now and then, given S and I eat brunch at home on the weekends nowadays, it will just add another level of enjoyment to our simple married life. We get it from the Good Guys next week because they start a Cashback deal on the 19th of March.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...