Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Two weddings and a Hangover

S and I attended two really wonderful wedding receptions over the weekend. I will say I absolutely love Indian weddings! There is so much glitter and dancing and good food and drink. I woke up with Sari glitter on my face still somehow and S is till today still recovering from the weekend.

I learnt to tie my own sari and may I offer my personal opinion, this video shows the best clips on how to tie the sari and where to apply pins.


In the interest of full disclosure, I also watched How to be a good Indian girl and Martha Stewart's Living Style and do not dispute I might have gotten a fuller picture between all three videos.

This is my attempt. S really enjoyed not being in a suit and tie for once at a function.


But nothing compares to what the Bride and Groom wore. I was mostly in awe with her modern style sari which tapered along her silhouette and comes out with a mermaid tulle skirt. When she danced, the bling reflecting off her tunic was mesmerising to watch. Truly breathtakingly beautiful.

 


The other reception was held aboard The Island at Sunset and no expense was spared here either. This was the tropical do I had been preparing for and the theme flowed through the function with the endless of orchids and frangipanis as garnish and decorations





Canapes




Fresh Coconuts



Tropical Passionfruit Martinis

Lovely four poster beds draped with brightly coloured gauze and adorned with matching orchids (below)


The couple arrived in a grand entrance after all the guests did on a jet boat

The hottest Flamenco dancers started off the dance floor

A happy hangover, a broken sandal, and many drink-induced, conveniently forgotten antics to boot, marks the sad end of a beautiful weekend that joined two separate families and friends together to witness the union of one stunning couple on the start of their journey of a lifetime. Was really glad I was part of it in some way.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...