Well, there hasn't been any eye-shadow shopping for me in a few years really. Not since 2006 when Shiseido launched their Maquillage range as I remember that must be the last time I bought eyeshadow. I do have asian eyes with inverted eyelids. A pan of eyeshadow goes a really long way with me as I don't get to use a lot of it each time. The above collection just shows all the freebies I have gotten since then which means I don't have an excuse to buy new eyeshadow for a long time.
The brands, clockwise from left:
1) Kit Cosmetics: In Deep, Made in Australia and I got this from a giveaway from a Priceline event sometime ago.
2) Calvin Klein: tempting glance intense eyeshadow in #126 fresh cut, Made in USA which I got as a free gift when I purchased my Chanel eye cream from Strawberry.net, but retails there for $14 per pot now.
3) the Balm: Holiday in Balm Springs, a lovely complete set to creating the perfect smokey eye which I got for Christmas a fair while ago. This set consists of the Overshadow in 'no money, no honey'($15 per pot), the Shady Lady eyeshadow in 'Shameless shana' ($16 per individual pallette) and a Pick-up Liner in 'casanova'($19) with a miniature shadow brush (The full sized one is $8). A very scandalous pallette to be sure!
4) B by Bloom Col.lecta Eyeshadow Duo: ayers rock, retailing at $9.95 per pot, which is the majority of the monthly subscription I paid for the Bellabox that I received this sample in which made the subscription well worth its cost.
| A peek inside |
1) In Deep is a silky deep purple that would be perfect for doing sultry smokey eyes and well perfect for a night out. Unfortunately it causes eye irritation for me and I have not been able to go past two applications to test this.
2) fresh cut is also really silky and light in application. So much so that you have to apply a lot of it to get a bit of the pristine green color onto your lid. Still, I like the colour as it gives a slight golden glow to your lid even if you cannot see the light green
3) The Shameless shana is a neutral brown, great for day wear smokey eye creations. I do wear this alot as you can see I have hit the pan for this one, which is a big achievement for me little almond eyes. I must gush over the Overshadow, I must. It is the best shimmering highlighter I use. And I do not stop at the arch of the brow, I spread it over my cheekbones, under my eyes, anywhere that needs a hint of glow as it is perfect for creating the dewy look in the day and to load on for a bit of shimmer in the evenings. Definitely a product I would buy once this runs out for me
4) The ayers rock is fun. Whilst the application isn't a creamy/silky texture, the colour pops and it lasts. I wore it in half and half yesterday at Taste of Sydney and I loved it. It suited the fun nature of the outing and was something different for me.
| Without flash |
| With flash |
The colour spread was done from the bottom up: in deep, fresh cut, shameless shana, ayers rock duo.
Now, to commit to get through all these eyeshadows or to retire them when the next season of colours come along? Decisions, decisions, decisions...