Monday, 26 March 2012

Empty

Look at the house now, it's the first time we have cleaned it and know that it will remain how we've left it. But yet, it feels more empty than clean.

Listen to the quiet, no more annoyance at your constant pacing and rummaging through the 'larder' for snacks. But yet, it feels more empty than peaceful.

The three years gone had been brutal on our relationship, both you and I constantly at each other's necks. We have been cruel in our teasing, selfish in our wants and proud in our most helpless times.

I remember when you were young and you first came back to live with us and I was jealous because I thought mum loved you more. Because I knew that one day they will rely on you and not me because you are their son and that is just the way...but yet today, I am relieved that they have you by their side and that no matter how hard they are on you, you will forgive and you will be there, strong and diligent.

I never said kind words. Only stern lectures. But when the tears dropped today at the airport... I hope you will see that I really do love you and that you can forgive me too, that we will always remain blood. Remain the kids we used to be. Sharing every moment of our lives and being each other's one and only sibling.

I miss you already.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...