Friday, 23 March 2012

On the subject of expensive scarves

I remember when I purchased the Louis Vuitton Aquarelle bandeau after an exam I hid it from S for fear of being labelled a brand - ho. Then he went on and on one day about That Scarf and how these Designers made a load of money from just one slither of material. I freaked out. S never pays attention to my accessories. How did he know I had a new bandeau on? And that it was from LV? Or how much I paid for it? Then I snap out of my reverie to hear him finish his rant, "$99 for a piece of material!" What was he talking about? I queried him cause my bandeau is definitely worth more than that. Phew, he hadn't noticed my scarf at all. He just spotted a scarf he really wanted from Ben Sherman, but gawked at That pricetag. Hmmm.... I mentally sighed in relief. My secret's safe.

But when I began covetting a Missoni scarf this year, with our new house to support and our joint bank account, I couldn't help but remember how upset S was over the $99 scarf from Ben Sherman. I never thought I'd be the proud owner of one anytime soon. That is, until I trawled Twitter one day and Mez of Domestic Divinity fame tweeted about Missoni's Oz Sale.
TaDa! Here I am rocking the Tan in this suddenly-turned-cold weather. Snug and Smug with my newest winter wadrobe addition:
Don't you just love enablers? Thanks Mez if you are reading this.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...