Tuesday, 30 April 2013

April Empties


1 Chanel Chance Perfume sample, very handy to keep in my purse for a refresher after work, before play. Who doesn't love the Chanel Chance scent?

2 Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Moisturising soap with Shea butter - Again the spoils of the Maldives Hotel Bathroom stash. I couldn't resist free C&E products, especially when it came in my favourite range of all the Crabtree products.

3 Skin Choice Placenta + Pearl Facial Treatment Mask - Special with Eyelid design for Elasticity & Brightening: Something I bought from Hong Kong Watson because I was trying to stock up on facial masks and the lady was aghast that I was using Oil of Olay. For my youthful skin she swore this product was a lot more suitable as it was light and nourishing and so hydrating that it would keep my skin supple. My verdict having now finished the box? I don't think it gives me any brightening results nor elasticity. Yes it is hydrating and refreshing after a hot stressful day, but it doesn't deliver the amazing results that I have been used to getting from the other masks I use. I have two more boxes of these unfortunately, but I am not revisiting this after that.

4 Skin Choice Luxury Skin Care - Caviar extract, pearl &; hyaluronic acid. Self Waterizing drop cream For all skin types: Of the same product line as the previous product, this was hailed as the all in one moisturiser that was luxe in its texture but yet easily absorbable due to its high water content, perfect to use even under the eyes. My verdict, I love that this product smells like Hazeline Snow in a way, the texture is a really light watery cream that doesn't leave a thick residue and I never need to wash off the next morning as it would be fully absorbed, I didn't think that the cream did very much other than moisturise however. I like to make my night creams work hard for me whilst I am rejuvenating and I can see this is clearly a day cream and not a night face and neck cream like I have been using it as.

5 Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash - Disgusting gloppy texture with a sickly honey smell. It doesn't lather up and doesn't leave you smelling fabulous after the shower as most the glop gets washed down the drain as soon as you try to lather it. This was a Christmas kringle gift a year ago and if I ever found out who my Secret Santa was, I'd have words with them.

6 Sunsilk Summer Care Leave in conditioner - This was the summer of 2004 and all the memories of us with our tropical coconut-scented hair lying on the beach vying for an even tan. Way before wrinkles and the threat of Skin Cancer frightened us cause we were uni students then and we were bold and invincible  Don't know if this product still exists on the shelves, but it was all the rage back then and always sat in my beach bag. That's probably why I never finished using it, I never frequented the beach often enough after starting work. Boo...

7 KissMe Mascara - A Japanese label available at Sasa and most reputable Japanese Makeup resellers. It is Maybelline for Asian eyelashes. Elongating, Curling and easy to apply. This tube is kept fresh well beyond the typical 3 months of usage you'd normally get from other mascaras as they dry up and gets clumpy. Not the KissMe though. Its curved wand distributes the mascara evenly right up till the end.

8 Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion -  Refer previous Burt's bees review, I didn't like the lotion any better. It was sloppy, watery honey smelling gunk that absorbs well and does the moisturising job, but oh there is nothing lux about applying this product and I'd rather enjoy moisturising rather than cringe and get drips of body lotion every where. Uggh!

9 Neutrogena pure mild facial cleanser for all skin types. A trustworthy product that just does the job and will never fail you. I have had this bottle since Uni days too and really gritted my teeth to finish the very last bit. I will miss the pump bottle dispenser as most my facial cleansers come in tube packaging.

This makes my Project 100Pan tally sit currently at 23.33 products thus far. That's almost GBP50 to spend on my trip! Glee!

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...