I told her I had a really hard task for my eyeliners and that is, it must be smudgeproof and long lasting. I find it annoying to reapply/refresh my eye makeup throughout the day. Firstly, the eyeliner is difficult to apply anyways when you have Mascara on. And my eyes secrete so much oil throughout the day that I almost always end up having panda eyes by the evenings.
She recommended this:
It was promising, being a really thin tip and all, but somewhere whilst transporting the product in my travels, the cover flew open in my makeup pouch (The injection mechanism makes the cover fly open at the touch of a fly) and the liner dried up before I ever got to use it. So DISAPPOINTING!
So I trooped to Priceline one Thursday and put loads of sample streaks of different liquid eyeliners on the back of my hand and then proceeded to rub them out. Guess which one stayed on? The Revlon Colorstay! It just wouldn't budge even though my hand had become quite red from the rubbing.
Funnily though, the salesperson observing me advised me to try the Maybelline EyeStudio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner because it was finer and a thinner tip, which she suggests is easier to manouver and better for smaller Asian eyes. There weren't any testers though, but there was a sale that made it $7 cheaper than the Revlon purchase. So I readily went along with it.
The verdict? I am very happy with it. A couple of tips from my trials though, draw with shorter strokes to avoid mistakes, and allow time for it to dry as it would smudge quite easily right after application. Once you are used to it, the fine tip is very easy to control and the liner stays on all day and doesn't smudge.
I might one day still try out Revlon, but for now, I have found a trusted friend in Maybelline.


