It was really good to have a week-day in the house with Hubby, starting with making a nice hot breakfast for us before I take my seat at my study nook.
It was distracting though hearing the chainsaw buzzing, with hot tradies walking around the house. Six men turned up for the job of removing two trees! Amazing eye candy. Mr.HEA sprang into action as the thuds of branches falling onto the ground started sounding. Not like he could sleep anyhow. But I suspected by the time the main trunk fell to the ground, he wasn't feeling so flu-like anymore.
Look at how much more solar access our backyard now has! Mr.HEA proudly exclaims that our clothes on the clothesline will dry a lot quicker now, and I agree whole heartedly.
Then amidst the sunshine, Mr.HEA's spirits lifts and he declares he will cook us a barbecue lunch and haply procures steak from the local butcher's. I toss a quick salad of baby cos lettuce, Roma tomatoes, basil leaves, red spanish onion, slized mozarella cheese and hard boiled egg with a dash of olive oil and salt and pepper as my only dressing. Voila! Instant BBQ (Haha, I only turned up to eat anyhow, Mr.HEA prepped and cleaned everything else)
And what does one wear to an impromptu barbecue? Well, I was working from home and so wasn't going to play dress up, but here's an older OOTD shot from Sunday where we attended another inpromptu barbecue at a cousin's house.
![]() |
| Blue Blazer Jacket: SES Grey Singlet: Zara Red Patent Leather belt: Tory Burch 1969 Jeans: Gap Beige and Orange Patent flats: Vincci (part of my KL haul) |
Whilst munching on some crunchy Cos lettuce leaves, I couldn't help but think of where we would place our newly acquired log stools (saved from the tree) for the backyard. My thoughts keep fleeting to Dale's backyard from The Block with those pretty little cushions:
| Source: The Block website |
A check of their supplier's list reveals that Dale's mum made them with fabric from Spotlight. I'd love to replicate them very much, but will probably save that project for when our European adventures are over and we are back at our block.
Anyways, am really excited with the garden now. Our next plans are to pretty up the neglected garden beds. Transplanting my flailing rose plants into a sunnier spot are in order and a fresh coat of decking oil is needed for the patio I would think. Will keep you all posted with those projects I am sure.


