About a year ago, Mr.HEA and I bought what was to be our Marital Home, which I would describe affectionately to anyone who asks as a fixer-upper. The pic above is what it used to look like before the Renovators hit town (not the TV show unfortunately but my inspired version of DIY trials). Wanna see what have we turned it into one year later?
Granted, we have neither of us quit our full-time jobs, not had much budget (planned a wedding in that one year), and are both novices at renovating. And yet, I would proudly show it off like a parent, what the house looks like today:
We've replaced the mailbox with one with more charm,

given the house a fresh coat of paint, and tidied the garden up with more succullents and shrubs that I have previously had. I can't wait till the plants we've put into the garden bed establish in the garden, to see the flowers all out in Spring/ Summer and to take more pictures of the plants then in full bloom (which includes snapdragons, geranium, roses, a begonia, and peace lilies).
They aren't much to look at now so i am really anxious. Hope to have more posts then!


