In the madness of work, winter and visiting cousins (meaning we are out almost every night), little mundane self-care routines have fallen on the wayward side and I have showing roots and an over-tired style. Didn't help that we ran out of conditioner either, and hadn't found the time to buy more.
One look at my crazy hair in the lift mirrors when I was leaving work in Friday made me determined to set things straight. So I went to the nearest Priceline to me and walked straight to the haircare section.
The brief was simple. I needed easy application (have always had the fortune of having my roomies dye my hair before I got married), permanent colour and not going to damage my hair. L'oreal Paris's Sublime mousse caught my attention from the beginning with the words "as easy as applying shampoo".
Nothing else held as attractive a claim after that so even though the range didn't have a blue black shade which I was after, I went ahead and put it in my shopping basket anyhow.
I didn't leave Priceline without visiting the Pantene section however. Thanks to SydneyShopGirl, I was introduced to the Pantene Clinicare intensive leave in split ends fuser treatment. And I needed shampoo which was on special so I ended up lugging two 750ml bottles with me to the counter. Why pay $16 for one bottle if you can pay $10 per bottle?
![]() |
| Priceline Stash |
The instructions read so easy that I was able to have my hair dyed after putting dinner to cook in the pressure cooker. I made a chunky soup with lovely legs, pumpkin, carrots, onion, tomato, capsicum lemongrass and fresh spinach leaves to be stirred in at the very end. All served with warm toasted Ciabatta.

It certainly lived up to its expectations. (I'm talking about the dye). I guess winning the Glosscars on Beauty Haven (Thanks to Tanya on Twitter that pointed me to their reviews) should have given me an indication, but I didn't even know it until I had rinsed out the dye. Some reviews mentioned the colour didn't match the box, but I think cause I was going to a darker shade, that wasn't the case for me. Generally I beleive that would happen it seems for those going for a lighter shade. It was an even application and only took 45 minutes to apply, wait, rinse and condition with the conditioning balm they provided. I didn't finish the entire bottle for my shoulder-length hair and the hair is looking glossy and healthy still (Although in the interest of full-disclosure I have applied an entire tube of Pantene clinicare on top of the conditioning balm).
This is definitely a wonderful product for a Hair-Dye novice like me. If I had a rating system out of five stars for
1) Meeting Expectations
2) Budget Pricing
3) Glam Effect
4) Easy to use
5) Good instructions
I'd vote it four out of five.
