Sunday, 1 April 2012

The perils of age

Remember the birthday post where I decided with great age comes fine lines and with Strawberry.net offering a sale on eye-creams, I took it as a sign to purchase the Chanel Beaute Initiale Eye Multi-protection Precision gel.





I have been using it for a fair few weeks now and can give some honest notes on it. The texture of this is light and it is easily absorbed which is great. After application, lines appear less prominent and the moisture leaves eyes feeling less tired and taut. Lines have not lessened after all this time though, so I reserve that the gel acts only to preserve the condition of the skin and does not really reverse the harm already done.



In March's Bellabox, we were each given a sample pot of the Bellamer Eye Balm. The website says it is a Botanical Skincare used daily and evening for eyes. I was excited about using it as a wrinkle fighter, but the site also promotes this as a primer for eye make up.




 

To me, it smells like Vanilla Peppermint and has the texture of Vaseline. You dab it on around your eye and wipe off the excess after it has had some time to absorb. I don't find that it absorbs as quickly as a gel, but I am not about to stretch my delicate eye area any further by wiping off balm, so I use this only at night and just let it set throughout the night despite funny remarks from Mr.HEA about my shiny eyes. A good moisturiser, at $40 a pot, you'd find this will last a lot longer than the Chanel one and so a lot better bang for the buck.


Also in March's Bellabox I found The Eyelift Kit ( Did someone write them to tell them of my latest obsession with my eye lines?) These little pots fill in lines and pull your skin tauter so that you look younger or that you have had an eye lift. They are tricky to apply. In my first attempt, I creased the biggest line underneath my eyes because I looked into the mirror at an angle that brings on the line. So in the next application, I had to avoid the appearance of that particular crease for the good ten to fifteen minutes it takes for the gel to dry. You'll feel your skin getting really tight as the sign that the gel has set. I liked the results, it did make my eyes seem smoother, but its too fiddly to incorporate into my daily makeup regime.


This ulittle beauty is indeed a real beauty. I really liked that it is Australian made and owned. I jut don't support enough local products. The application of this is light and it smells lightly of soy. The results are tamer and lighter hair that bounces. I've used it a couple of times by now with consistent results, but the first application yielded the best improvement. My dry, just dyed hair lapped it up with joy, replenishing all its missing nutrients.

Oh and last review/ rant: I was clearing out some samples I had previously gotten when I got excited over a seaweed peel mask. I haven't had a DIY mud mask since I was a teenager (having since then begun using SKII instead). Anyways, I tried the Apivita express gold seaweed peel off detox & radiance mask and it was absolutely hopeless. It became gel all too quickly and I couldn't apply it very well. When I washed it off, my skin felt really dry and I come to the conclusion that what worked really well on my puberscent skin that raged with hormones, no longer work on my late twenties skin today. Sigh.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...