Whilst squelching in my gripless thongs and trying very hard not to slip on the wet floor, I just couldn't stop thinking about the last time the weather was like this and how I mused over a purchase that very quickly slipped my mind when the sun shone again.
I couldn't bear the thought of my first day back in the office with squelchy shoes, so I hopped into House of Leather in Wynyard to purchase myself a lovely pair of gumboots (Above) to match my polka dot brolly. I am now officially part of a club of really fashionably sensible ladies in the office. Exhibit below:
Was it wrong to be so happy in the rain all the way to the post office in my gumboots to pick up my Bellabox April delivery and then to Mallhaciel's office after work to collect this lovely? (She'd help me order it because if you order above $100 from shopbop you get free delivery to Australia! And on top of that the generous soul that she is, she bought me a bottle of O.P.I Malaysian Mist too, just because...)
The box is gorgeous. But Mallhaciel quickly pointed to the equally provocative warning label which cracked us both up in the street.
I don't know what's come over me but somewhere in the last month or so I fell in love with Fuschia and then exotic animal print. Like the Cheetah print of this lovely Rebecca Minkoff iphone cover really has everything I was looking for. It was versatile, easy to remove without breaking my nails but at the same time it was just snug and gives good grip which is extra protection for my phone from a klutz like me.
In other evidence supporting my case, I have been toting the python tote that held the Priceline Beauty Bag that I got from my Revlon lip butter purchases because I am crazy over it. And in my latest shopping escapade in Melbourne, I picked this crazy Lara faded pleated maxi skirt in Python to try on my cami with. I bought the cami, but left the skirt behind just in case it was an impulse.
But I keep thinking about it!
Anyways, times are a bit tough for a lot of people with the current economic climate and I feel guilty having so much fun with my indulgences. I've had a too lovely a weekend to justify jumping straight into another purchasing spree on Shopbop, so I closed the window reluctantly and am trying to block out the memory of the 20% discount code InTheFamily20 at least until tomorrow when it expires.
But those of you who are feeling a little shitty about the gloomy Sydney weather (I know you are out there, I see you on Twitter), if you have been good this last month, then please do feel free to benefit from the discount and be sure to tell me about your purchases!
