Wednesday, 11 April 2012

What I'd rather be doing

I am sure most people are familiar with that feeling.

Today at work we get an email soliciting a volunteer actress for a training video about risk. The attached script named the part as Chris, and I thought, well, interesting they are only looking for females as this could be a gender-neutral role. Until I read further down. The scene is about a female boss who lunches and leisures and leaves her trusted staff to run her business with no acumen to put in any check points over cash withdrawals made by staff.

Hrrrrmmph... Why did Chris need to be a woman? After my initial wave of anger bubbled in me and then subsided, the inner diva in me from high school drama classes began to mentally act out the part of Chris.

I'd have immaculate makeup, bouncy well styled curls, carry my designer bag (oooh fun I get to choose which one I'd showcase) and oh my nails will of course be manicured with my favorite colour of the moment: O.P.I's Hong Kong Sunrise Source: makeupalley

Oh but I'd need to shape up, so that my bum will look good in the tight pencil skirt I will be wearing. I'd need to do a few songs on Kinect's Dance Central 2 (which I have not turned on since my post Xmas workout btw) and burn some unnecessary calories that way.

 
Then reality crashed and I realized with my current role they'd never allow me the time to run off to do another training shoot (even though I did get my last volunteer video shot within only three takes the last time). Plus who has time to get manicures and dancercise when one has to cook and do laundry?


So I very quickly crashed back down to reality. You know what else is reality but I am denying vehemently? That indian summer isn't coming. It is blistering cold outside. I haven't fully given in though. Even though I caved and put on stockings, and changed my bag to one that will fit over my  jacketted-shoulder I am still boldly sporting my Nine west cotton shawl.

OOTD

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...