Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Random things until I find my voice
Hmmm... there have been a few things to mull over of late, amongst which are the questions of where our marriage is headed towards. Somewhere underneath the happy shopping and warm cups of Nespressos shared with the Husband, there are conversations that we are having that I have not shared with my blog or my family and friends.
That is, no we are not expecting as I have had a lovely sushi lunch today and am enjoying a casual drink tonight out of our wedding favours of Hendrick's Gin & Tonic.
When I was at Nobu just over a week ago I ordered this very drink and heard a man amongst the patrons explain to his female companion why there was a cucumber in my drink as I carried it to the sushi bar. I do not understand why it works either, but the cucumber accentuates just how smooth and almost menthol-like the finish is on this particular scottish gin. Absolutely divine.
I digress. Anyways, there isn't much I am prepared to share yet, mostly because the conversations have not led anywhere remotely concrete yet. But I can share this. There will not be any little HEAs in the horizon. I might be clucky, but there are other things Mr.HEA needs to achieve first before we head down that path and as impatient as I am, I hope to be able to support him in his dreams, pursuits and ambition. At least for now, when I can afford the time.
I promise I will share, and then explain my decision further to those of you who might judge differently. At this point in time, I am still easily swayed otherwise, so I cannot write with certainty.
There are other things to be happy about in the meantime, beyond being able to drink irresponsibly and eat without reservation just about anything I might fancy...I also am able to shop at whim and put more time into building my career. Ahhh, that next step. I have been taking a few meetings with our stakeholders by myself of late. Lotsa autonomy at work and empowerment which I treasure dearly. Today over coffee with a client, I found that my milk jug had left a rather curious stain on the wooden table and I could not resist a happy snap.
Perhaps this was life's way of letting me know that there is something happy to smile about still. Even in something as simple as the embrace of a loved one, the kiss of a friend and the smile of a milk stain.

