Sunday, 8 April 2012

Tagged Again and Awarded

I have been humbled again. It's enough to know that I have friends in the blogger community but that they would think of me, now, that's something I never expected and am very thankful for.

So 2 weeks ago, Fey from The Bombshell Next Door tagged me and last night, Mallhaciel, The High Queen of the Elves *wink* awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award and because some of the things you have to do for both are quite similar, I thought I'd combine them here and make for one big post about my journey and me.

The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:

1. Add the Versatile Award photo on a blog post
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post. THANK YOU JEN! What an honour that you considered me!
3. Share 7 things about yourself. This will be combined with my tag requirements
4. Nominate 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.

The tag Rules

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Post small photo of person who tagged you with a link to their blog
 Isn't Fey just Gorgeous?
3. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer
4. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
7. You legitimately have to tag


11 Things about my relationship with S aka Mr. HEA that forms the basis of this blog mostly (also because I have already posted about myself before)

1. I have been with the Husband for 9.5 years today! Dating for nine and married for half a year already
2. We met in Uni in First year and revisited the campus to take our Engagement shoot
3. We both like our toilet rolls coming from the top and our clothes facing the right which makes it two less things to annoy each other about when living together.
4. We actually lived in the same suburb once when we were eleven, which is incredible as we were in different countries. S was visiting a family friend for a whole month for summer and that was the year I moved into our family house in KL which happened to be in the same suburb!
5. The picture in the header features our cake topper, chosen because S loves his Xbox and Superman. What people don't realise is I actually have a good go playing Kinect with him and that I love watching him play games with stories, like Gears of War, Mass Effect or Uncharted ( I know this is a PS3 game) and this is something that creeps into our normal conversations over dinner. "So Mordin the Salarian died in the game. He sacrificed his life to cure the genophage." And I totally get what he is talking about.
6. I had a random dream of our wedding a good few years ago and that at our wedding, S's Best Man will meet and fall in love with one of my cousins. Funny thing was, she did visit during the wedding, but they never spoke and the Best Man still hasn't forgiven me for not introducing them.
7. So S has one brother who married a girl who only has a younger brother, very similar dynamics to me, which got me to thinking, our children as well as his brother's children will never have an Ah Yi (Mum's sister) or a Gu Ma (Dad's sister), the concept of which is kind of wierd to me.
8. I burnt garlic bread once and the Husband still thinks until today that I am crap with the oven. No other meal no matter how fabulous seem to be able to redeem me.
9. S and I love brunch together on weekends.
10. I am very particular with how my husband behaves in front of my family. All rules that applied to me when I was a kid and living at home now applies to him when we are back home. Poor Hubby got woken up as soon as someone else in the family stirs. Woe betides us if we ever slept in longer than an elder. I drive him insane with these arbitrary Asian rules.
11. One day I let out a huge sigh in the midst of a Twillight book and asked S, "Why can't you be Ed Cullen?" and without hesitation, he replied "Why can't you be Beyonce?"

Questions from Fey


1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be, and why? I always dreamt of spending time in a cottage in Tuscany with my husband because its rustic, full of charm and the people are warm if you remain ernest and open.
2. What is your favorite lipstick? Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy
3. What is your favorite perfume? Viktor Rolf's Flowerbomb
4. If you were to walk out of your house, and could only put one cosmetic product on what would it be?.
BRTC BB Cream with SPF50. Makes me look ghastly in pictures but as my colleagues tell me, my skin will be thanking me for it later on.
5. Do you work out in the gym or at home? I actually never go to the gym. I do a lot of chores around the house and occasionally go for long walks with the Husband
6. When it comes to fitness and staying in shape what do you find is your biggest challenge? Cutting out carbs, does that count?
7. What's the first thing you check out on a man when you meet him? His eyes
8. What is your biggest turn off when it comes to men? Tucked in T-shirts and Polo Tees. *shudder*
9. If you could go on a date with a famous celebrity who would it be? Just to make my husband jealous, Beyonce Knowles
10. What's your night skin care routine like? I cleanse with Shiseido's Extra Gentle Cleansing foam, tone and revitalise with SK II toner and essence, slap on eye cream of the moment and Oil of Olay on the rest of the face and neck.
11. If you won a Million dollars in the Lottery tonight, what would be the three first things you would do with the money? I'd go with the Husband to Europe, buy myself a Chanel bag and then pay off our house's mortgage. 

 
So here is the twist. I am combining the two rules. I am awarding 15 people and on top of the Blog Award duties, they are going to have to answer my 11 questions. Or if they have already been tagged, or been given the award, then they can just answer my questions.

My Questions:
1. What is your song?
2. What must you pack with you when going away for the weekend?
3. Best Pickup line you've ever heard?
4. What's your Favourite Indulgence and does your partner know about it?
5. So you're in the final rounds of a beauty pageant and you are asked, "If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?" What would you say?
6. If you had to bring a dish to a dinner party and you really want to impress, what would you make to bring?
7. What's one beauty tip do you swear by and will pass on?
8. How old were you when you found out where babies came from?
9. Which is your favourite spot in the house?
10. Best Party you've ever attended?
11. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would you wish for?

And here's my 15 Versatile Blogger nominees:
Btw...I follow a great many other great blogs, but I know they either have already been tagged with me, or I am too shy to award them cause I don't know if they would respond.

2. kerker at !♥ The Ugly Moments
3. Miss Directions at Miss Directions
4. Lauren at Sugar and Spice
6. Little black sheep at Tiny Little Bubbles
7. Jorji at It Feels Like Home
9. Lilian Harlow at Lilian Harlow
10. cevapa at One step @ a time
11. Z at Lovely Jublies
13. Emily at Emily's Anthology
15. KittyCate at All Cats are Grey at Night

All you lovely ladies work hard at your blog posts and I have been inspired by your posts at certain points to improve my lifestyle/ cooking/ fashion sense somehow, sometime. So keep up the beautiful posts and I look forward to many more to come!

 

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...