Monday, 12 September 2011

Succulents

Part of the fun in living in a new neighbourhood is to explore it, especially markets, where the locals congregate and you get the vibe of the hood and see who your neighbours are. So this Sunday I woke up and walked out with every intent to go pick up some local produce.To my semi-delight and utter disappointment (make of that what you will) it was a variety/Rotary market that sold every knick knack from plants, sundry goods, second hand items to Shish pipes...

It reminded me of home. I do suppose I live in an area that is heavily populated my people from my country. So the hood would of course be rather asian. And everywhere I go I should not be surprised to hear my dialect and my natural accent.

Well.. it wasn't a total loss. I picked up for $5, this pot of succulents I think is a kind of Echeveria but I can't identify which one. I got 6 pots out of the one plant though. I just separated all the little ones out into pots when I came back. 


I just love the rosette succulents. I picked one up ( I think it's a Aeonium haworthii) before from the Glebe Markets a good many Christmases ago and have gotten quite a lot of babies from it, but I haven't paid much attention to it in the last two years since I moved to a shady apartment. It's gone all miserable. Didn't help that the snails got to it the last couple of months too. *mental note to self:I shall try to revive it after the wedding.


Here's my little succulents corner now after yesterday's gardening session:

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...