Sunday, 12 February 2012

East meets west

Every time I go back to Malaysia, I stock up on my cosmetics. It is just fun shopping like this. Having the counter girls fuss over you and their bewilderment when you say you want one of everything, and the nice samples they give out just because it is Asia...
Last night I ran out of two of my staples and had to replenish from my Malaysian haul. My Christian Dior Diorsnow compact powder and Shiseido's Extra gentle cleansing foam.





I wonder why I haven't been brand loyal and why I have been using Japanese skin care but Parisian makeup. Personally it might be because I love the translucent pale white skin of Asian women and want my skin to have tiny pores and the preserved youthful look. Yet when I get dolled up, I like the lovely silky finish and elegant glamour the Parisians exude.
Or maybe I am just a sucker for advertisements.





And nice packaging. The compact was RM189, which converts to be about AUD 58 and the cleanser RM109, which is AUD 33 with our current exchange rates.
It's like I hit the sale and got things that i would normally use at fantastic prices!
And really when you get irresistibly cute stuff like this how could you refuse the temptation?





Oh btw I saw this today on ASOS:





WTF? Happy Friday everyone!

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...