Thursday, 16 February 2012

Modern Rococo?

I lament the fact that our house is detached in many ways. There is no fluidity in the place as we brought together two homes into the one. And both our previous apartments have been modern, whereelse our new little cottage just exudes character that we cannot capture enough of inside. No lovely oak furniture, no upholstered comfy chair, no antiquity to show off the gracefully aged space.

But you should see for yourself:

I present, the Lounge which has modernity:



I have also exhibited the hallway previously, which tries hard with its Philippe Starck Louis Ghost Armchair, but isn't quite there yet. The other more Barouqe adornments in there that I *heart* are:





But, there is solace to be had...

I am smitten with the decor range that symbolises our era I believe. Acrylic furniture that evoke the classic lines of older-days luxury, but are so sharply modern that it is unmistakably a new millenium space. I believe it is said that these pieces will tie in the new with the old boujois and create that congruence that we lack.

My wishlist:


The Pedrali Pasha armchair

Ferruccio Laviani Bourgie Lamp
I am not sure it is quite the name for it but I beleive I have a flavour for somewhat of the Modern Rococo. Not too OTT as we don't want a stark contrast within the space, but enough to keep the luxury alive along with the practicalities of the space.

You might also like:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...